1) Simply Offbeat
“Simply offbeat”, as the name suggests focuses on providing travelers with a delightful experience in a lesser known destination or a lesser known experience in a well known destination. Most of the travelling community feels that interacting with locals is an integral part of any journey. Simply offbeat not only provides for you to interact with locals but also wants you to live like them. They accomplish this by their exquisite range of tour packages and homestays. Each accommodation they provide is equipped with activities and experiences unique to that place.
1) Dwarka, Goa: A small isolated village in Goa.
(8000 per night for a double occupancy including breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Medieval styled thatched roof huts overlooking the Arabian Sea as well as a lagoon.
- Restaurant by a cliff-side
- Facilities for exotic spas, therapies and massages on the beach
- Dolphin spotting
2) Sindhudurg, Maharashtra: Maachli homestays
(6000 per night for a double occupancy including breakfast, lunch, evening tea and dinner)
- Village huts built in the midst of a farm of coconut, mango, beetle nut and banana trees
- Only 15min drive from a secluded beach
- One can try the ethnic Malvani cuisine while taking part in farm activities and local festivals.
2) India Untraveled
India Untraveled specializes in engaging travelers in ‘village travel’. It aims to indulge people in a rural experience in some of the most offbeat and beautiful villages of India. It provides customized itineraries, farm stays, home stays and other unique experiences for travelers to explore the untraveled and real India.
1) Farm stay in a Rajesthani village
(11,000 per person for twin sharing for 6 days and 7 nights)
- You will hosted by a local farmer and not a tour guide or a hotel manager
- Khatiyas and open water pools.
- Lessons in Indian cooking, Yoga and mehendi making.
- An option to indulge in a Rajasthani cultural night
2) Magical Spiti: Ladakh’s lesser known cousin
(Costs on request)
- Accommodation in traditional homestays (not in hotels equipped with heaters)
- Bhuchen performance: A terrifying dance by locals found only in that village
- Yak rides, trekking and mountain biking.
- Road trip from Manali to Spiti
3) No Thepla Holidays (Love the name)
This startup focuses on international holidays for Indian travelers. They have four types of travel experiences: Flashpacking (high end back-packing), holidays centered around events, concerts and festivals, adventure holidays and events organized by No Thepla holidays themselves.
1) Explore Vietnam
- Boat party in Halong Bay after Kayaking and limestone cave exploration
- Cycling through paddy fields in Mai Chu valley
- Street foods and pubs in Hanoi
2) Amstredam, Brussels, Rock Werchter
- Partying in Amsterdam and visiting its infamous coffee shop and a pub with 3000 beers.
- Eat in the “waffle capital of the world”
- Experience craziest rock festivals in Rock Werchter
4) White Collar Hippie
A startup looking forward to provide “incredible outdoor offbeat travel experiences”. They have their own curated trips and exclusive camp sites which can help the urban folk get an escape from their mundane white collar 9-5 job routine.
- A campsite with a naturally sculpted rock face for amphitheatre where there are live performances of Indian bands.
- Bonfires and barbeques.
- Near to Gorai beach
- Consumption of alcohol is allowed on camp sites.
2) Windrush Rising: McLeod Ganj
- Mountain biking
- Trekking in hilly hamlets and forests of Oak and Cedar
5) Go Bananas
Go Bananas not only focuses on travel but also on events, parties and team building activities. In short, it makes sure that you have a different, yet memorable experience with whatever you want to do. They have activities and trips ranging from only 1 hour to a couple of days.
- Hire a Yacht (35000 per hour for maximum of 15 people)
- Surfing lessons (1900 for a session of 1.5 hours)
- Stand-up paddle boating (1900 for a session of 1 hour)
- Kayaking (1900 for a session of 1 hour)
- Night treks in places like Anthargange, Kunti Betta and Ramanagara (1300 per person)
- Bike hikes and Quad biking
- Segaway rides
6) India Food Tours
This company merges travel experiences with culinary delights. It provides for you to discover India through its “food tours”. The tours can be custom designed and tailor made for each traveler. India Food tours not only offers ‘food walks’ of a few hours but also entire tour packages of several days focused on Indian traditional cuisine. The tours include accommodation, site seeing, cooking classes, visit to kitchens and also traveling with a chef. However, the tours are limited to Delhi, Agra and Rajasthan only.